Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Life's phases

Hey gang,

It's been quite some time since my last blog and I'm going to make it a point to be more frequent in my posts. Here's an update. I finished up summer school at the Abbey on a good note and began an internship at St. Mary Magdalene with Liz Sams as a youth ministry intern. I'm learning so much! I feel more and more called to my vocation every day and I'm so happy God has called me to this. I've worked on planning curriculum for the high school and middle school youth groups as well as developing a few retreats for middle school, high school, and for the adult volunteers. Tomorrow I'm heading to Covecrest, a Lifeteen retreat center in Georgia and I'm super pumped about it! I went on a weeklong retreat in 2006 at Covecrest and with its waterfalls, mountains, lake, and fields, Covecrest is a beautiful campus that will surely lead to contemplation with the blessings of the Holy Spirit. Please keep the group in your prayers this weekend. I attended a Theology of the Body conference last Friday and heard some great talks by Colin MacIver. He was such an enthusiastic, motivated speaker. Another great resource is Jeff Cavins' DVD set called "The Bible Timeline: The Story of Salvation" put out by Ascension Press. It's a beautiful Bible study that breaks the Bible down into 12 time periods and makes it easy to make sense of the collection of sacred texts we call the Bible. Hopefully I'll be able to blog a little bit about some of the great stuff I'm learning soon. You're in my prayers. God bless.

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment