Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Freedom of Choice

Hello my brothers and sisters,

Today, upon exiting the library here at school, a woman asked me what my major was and of course I said "theology". She said "oh" and scurried along with her rolling camo backpack. At first I was a little confused but that quickly turned to a thought train about choice, which naturally lead to further affirmation of the fact that God loves us.

Why? How did this question lead to such a profound truth?

I thought about my major, how I had chosen it, and how I am experiencing such joy through my major. I had many options and I very well could have chosen to be a biology major and spend countless hours in the science building or become a computer science major and adopted carpel tunnel syndrome along with perpetual bloodshot eyes. But I didn't. I chose to be a theology major.

Now I firmly believe that each person has a vocation and that if you listen, God will call you to your vocation, but you have to choose. It takes personal commitment to the will of God in order to discover this vocation and through multiple environmental factors, I have come to realize that God wants me to be happy. He loves me. He has created me with a purpose.

So what can you do with this?

1. Take time to think about your strengths and weaknesses. How do your strengths and weaknesses reveal God's will for you?
2. Praise God for the gift of our free will! What a beauty it is to have such opportunity at our fingertips.

More to come soon. I'm learning a whole bunch of new subject material here at school and I can't wait to apply it to my search for ministry. I'm taking a class called Human Growth and Development in which I have to do 10 hours of field experience in a classroom so stay posted for some great stories.

God bless!

Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment