Sunday, August 9, 2009

15 passenger vans are best used by groups of 3

Praise God!

This weekend I went on a Core team retreat in Tiger, Georgia at a Life Teen camp called Covecrest. I got to go down early so I could go through a brand new McDonalds that has computers for kids at their tables but doesn't take cash, get called an old lady at the House of Luck because apparently only old people order Shrimp Chow Mein, and find out that Chicken sandwiches, in fact, contain chicken. I had a great time with my boss Liz Sams while getting ready for the retreat. We swam in waterfalls, prayed for a fully functional McDonald's, and found out goats can be found on the roof waiting for abduction.

On a more serious note, God is awesome! I learned so much about myself and about the wonderful adults that are willing to give up their time to serve the youth of the nation. I learned that God uses the meek and the lowly to perform the most powerful deeds on earth and that the sun can remind us of the Son and of his overpowering grace that embraces our souls and warms our hearts. Our speaker Todd Lemieux did a magnificent job of reminding us that we are called to sainthood and that we are not of this world. We are not called to live in the world but amongst it and to strive towards a rightly ordered relationship with Christ. God, family, friends, ministry. Priorities show us where our heart is.

Moses ascended to the mountain to receive the commands of God. Our Lord ascended to the mountain to pray to our God. During this past weekend, I ascended the mountain be washed clean and picked up for God's ministry. We are all called to love God through our vocation. Praise God for the vocation He has given me and for all my loving friends that support ministry. Have a blessed week my friends. Remember, you are made in the image and likeness of God! Rejoice! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment