Tuesday, August 18, 2009

New Direction

Good afternoon fellow members of the Body of Christ!

As most of you know, I have felt the call to youth ministry in my life. I've been blessed with some pretty awesome opportunities recently and hopefully God will continue to bless me. Will you walk with me on my journey?

During my college career I've constantly been reminded of my vocation and God has pounded me over the head with something many times. When you're a computer analyst, you need to know computers and all the intricacies of the system you're working on or your client will figure out you don't know what you're talking about when their system breaks down. When you're an architect, you had better know what kind of trusses and supports best hold up the roof you're designing or there's gonna be a catastrophe down the road. It's about the skills you know and how you apply them to the situation.

As far as ministry goes, teens are looking for hope. They're looking for someone to show them that this Truth they've been promised through the Word of God can actually do something in the world. They want to be loved. That's why when you're in ministry, you had better be striving to live in the Truth and to "be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect" (Matthew 5:48). You are the lighthouse that supports the beacon of Christ calling out to the distressed shipwrecks of high school drama in the distance. You are the hands and feet of Christ.

Together, we are THE BODY. Let us remember to pray for each other and strive to be saints.

Peace be with you,
Matt Merry

No comments:

Post a Comment