Thursday, March 5, 2009

Assisi!


Hey followers, 
Sorry it takes so long between posts but the internet access is limited here in Rome. First of all, God bless your Lent!! Really take the time to ponder the mysteries of our faith and grow close to the Sacraments, especially confession and the Eucharist. 
So this past weekend I took my first trip out of Rome to ASSISI!! It was the most peaceful place I've been here on my trip. There are so many beautiful churches but they're very different than the ones here in Rome. They aren't as highly decorated due to St. Francis' views of poverty and its importance. Still, the most peaceful place. I got to see the body of St. Francis of Assisi, St. Clare, some really beautiful churches like the basilica of S. Francesco(St. Francis), Saint Maria of the Angels, the basilica of St. Clare, and many other cool things. I even explored a castle on the top of the mountain. Assisi is a beautiful city layed out on the side of a mountain with the fortress on top, which wasn't actually a castle, just a plot by the Church to scare away people. Pretty cool I thought. I wish I could tell you more but I have to eat breakfast, go to class, and take a tour of the Vatican Museums ;) This weekend I'm going to Florence and Sienna!! Pray for me. If you've been and you have any suggestions, facebook or email me. Matthewemerry@abbey.bac.edu. 

God bless you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment