Sunday, May 31, 2009

In Christ Alone

Hey all, 

I've been at summer school for about a week now and I wanted to take a quick second to reflect on what I've been thinking about for the past week. I learned there are a few very important things in life: friends, faith, fellowship, and fun. Friends and fellowship have occupied a lot of my time here during the first week and I really enjoy just hanging out with the guys. Finding a good group of friends is very beneficial to well being. During my first few years at college, a lot of my friends from high school came to me saying "Matt I like my school but I'm not having any fun because I can't find a good group of friends who share my same values and are fun to hang out with". I've been blessed with the gift of good friends. Friends I can hang out with, pray with, drink with, exercise with, etc. It's a true blessing. FAITH: I'm really attached to my relationship with Christ. Like everyone, I sometimes stray and I sometimes deny Him or forget to talk with Him, but He's always there, waiting. That's the biggest blessing in my life. Tomorrow, I get to receive the very flesh and blood of God. I think that's pretty amazing!!! The last F is for FUN! I've been having loads of fun this week in between looking for a job and going to class. I've been biking at the US National Whitewater Center, running, working out at the Y, playing basketball, reading classic American literature, watching Band of Brothers.. LOADS of fun stuff! What a blessing to have that freedom. Basically, God is good! I hope you can take the upcoming week to seize the day! Make a concrete plan and stick to it. I plan to finish reading Wild at Heart, run 3 miles twice this week, and find a job. Make some goals and execute them! God bless you and please pray for me as I will for you. 

Matt the disciple

Peace be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment