Sunday, April 5, 2009

Palm Sunday at the Vatican


Ciao Ragazzi!!
Happy Palm Sunday. I hope this blog finds you well and preparing for a most Holy Week. Today was another trick pulled out of the sleeves of the Legionaries. We were supposed to "carry" the cross for World Youth Day... and we did... kind of. What they really meant by carry was transport behind the scenes so the Australians can carry the cross, which makes sense because it was the hand off from Australia to Spain. It's all good though because we got great seats up on the top of the steps really close to the Pope. Not many people get these kinds of opportunities but for some reason God keeps blessing the ILS program. It's a real blast and it's also a very humbling experience. I'm growing so much here and I can't wait to come home and tell you all about it! I'm going to have a get together when I get home to show pictures and tell tales and of course eat BBQ, SWEET TEA, BANANA PUDDING and all good things American. Tomorrow, Adam and I are heading to Cinque Terre (hopefully, this is the third attempt to get there) and after to Turin to see St. John Bosco and Blessed Pier Giorgio Frassati. Wednesday we should be back for mass in the Vatican Gardens and the Holy Week events at the Vatican if we can get tickets. Maybe a little Stations of the Cross at the Coliseum with the Pope and hopefully Easter Mass at the Vatican. Keep me in your prayers and know that I will be praying for you from the center of the Church all this week!!! God bless you!! Happy Easter and Happy Holy Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment