Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Dublin


Today I went into downtown Dublin for the whole day! It was such a wonderful time and I got to see a lot of great sights. There was a three million dollar needle and LOADS of pubs. We started the day with mass at St. Mary's in Dublin where the priest ended mass with Adoration!!! We went to a place called the Vat to eat lunch after that and I had lamb shank with potatoes, carrots and broccoli... and of course a pint of Guinness! There was a single malt whisky called Merrys and it was terrible. Oh well, I had a great time and we walked around a lot. We took the latter part of the day to visit two beautiful Cathedrals. One was Christ Church which I think was erected in 1030 and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! After that we went to St. Patrick's cathedral and it was amazing. There were big old banners that were deteriorating and they reminded me of the Black Pearl. I wish I could have to have the chance to celebrate mass there weekly. I lit a prayer candle for BAC Men's Household!! You're in my prayers guys. We took the 2 hour bus ride back to Leighlinbridge and I bought Irish skittles that tasted like tomatoes. Lamesauce. Half of our group detoured to visit Angela's brother in seminary and they missed their bus back so they're staying in a hostel in Dublin. Tomorrow we're going to Killkenney to explore castle ruins!!! Life is beautiful! Peace be with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment