Sunday, November 1, 2009
So tonight I helped lead a night about Theology of the Body and I learned a few things. I hope this is helpful for anyone preparing for ministry.
1. Prepare your entire night before the day of so that you spend the day relaxing and practicing instead of putting on the "finishing touches"... *cough
2. Know what you're talking about. Know your subject inside and out. When you're leading, you generally have to say something and you have the attention of a bunch of people. Know what to say that's going to be the most effective.
3. Prepare everyone in a leadership position before the day of.
-people leading small groups
-teens helping out
4. Have some sort of anonymous evaluation that will help you do a better job next time.
5. Last and most definitely not least, PRAY! The more you pray for your success and for the success of the night, the more likely you are to succeed. God will bless you. Ask for it.
These are just a few things I learned. If you can think of anything else, please please please comment and let me know. Also, if you were at the TOB night, feel free to leave comments about it, especially what I could have done better. I promise, you won't hurt my feelings.
Posted by Matt Merry at 10:51 PM